Date:      Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:45:31 +0700 (ICT)
From:      Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th>
To:        flowers@users.sourceforge.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to disable > quoting of lines starting with From in email body?

> Every time I read an email that has a line in the message body that
> starts with the word "From", the line is quoted with a > character.

I'd say that

1) when you read an email the > was added by the sender, before the
   email was send to you, so it is normal that you cannot find where
   it was added.

2) when you are sending and email, you have to add the > else you will
   not conform to email format anymore and you would be liklely to
   create problems to the recipient...

So leave the > where it is :)

Olivier