Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2001 13:45:05 +0100
From:      Neil Darlow <neil@darlow.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   imap-uw and cram-md5 authentication

Hi,

I am having little success in using CRAM-MD5 authentication with the
imap-uw-0104241750/cclient-0104241750 ports under 4.2-RELEASE.

The imap server obviously detects the presence of /etc/cram-md5.pwd as
mutt asks for a CRAM key. Entering the correct key produces a CRAM
authentication failed error and a prompt for a password which is also
rejected.

Is there some additional PAM configuration that is required when using
CRAM-MD5 with imapd? I've read the file md5.txt and I'm providing the
CRAM key information in the required format. Operation with normal Unix
passwords is ok.

Any ideas and suggestions gratefully accepted.

Regards,
Neil Darlow.

--
1024D/531F9048 1999-09-11 Neil Darlow <neil@darlow.co.uk>
Key Fingerprint = 359D B8FF 6273 6C32 BEAA  43F9 E579 E24A 531F 9048