Date:      13 Jul 1998 23:32:42 -0400
From:      Cory Kempf <ckempf@enigami.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CAM, dewfs, camcontrol, CD's

I could swear I have posted this at least twice now, but the original
doesn't seem to be on my machine for some reason.  And if the answer
has changed with the new snapshot, well, it is downloading now.

OK, I am poking into CAM, trying to get the SCSI card that came with
my scanner to work (see other message).  I noticed that the CD ROM
drive, which seems to be identified via dmesg, and mounts CDs, doesn't
seem to exist in devfs.

Has this simply not been done yet?

On a related note, camcontrol -l doesn't list my CD drive either.

+C

--
Thinking of purchasing RAM from the Chip Merchant?
Please read this first: <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/chipmerchant.html>;

Cory Kempf                Macintosh / Unix Consulting & Software Development
ckempf@enigami.com        <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/>;