Date:      Thu, 8 Jun 2000 15:30:30 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        FreeBSD Stable Users <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   HEADS UP: More important Vinum information

I have now committed to 4-STABLE the fixes for the RAID-5 revive
corruption that I described a couple of days ago.  If you're using
RAID-5 on 4-STABLE or 5-CURRENT, you should upgrade to the latest
versions as soon as possible.  In the meantime, if a RAID-5 plex loses
a subdisk, leave it like that.

I'm about to commit a very large MFC to 3-STABLE.  I've tested it
carefully, of course, but with a total diff size of 4300 lines, it's
possible that something has slipped through the cracks.  I have a
problem here: I can continue to test, and possibly find more bugs, but
at the same time I'm withholding much-needed fixes.  I'd suggest a
compromise: if you're running happily with 3-STABLE and you're not
using RAID-5, now is probably not the time to upgrade.  If any
problems do surface, let somebody else find them.

Greg