Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2000 13:57:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      wellsian <wellsian@caffeine.com>
To:        Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
Cc:        spork <spork@super-g.com>, Dominik Brettnacher <domi@saargate.de>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Amanda  [was: Arkeia Server under FreeBSD]

There have been several remote-backup businesses but they were probably
doomed before broadband. Haven't kept track of them over the last year,
but neither have I heard much marketing noise, which could be a sign.
Netscape's Atrieva, which became driveway.com, has moved away from backup
and toward "sharing".

Dave