Date:      Sat, 05 May 2001 03:54:24 +0900
From:      JINMEI Tatuya / =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCP0BMQEMjOkgbKEI=?= <jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp>
To:        vishwanath pargaonkar <vishubp@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help required

> i have set up a ipv6 network.
> i dun know y ping6 is not working.But

> ping6 -I interfacename  ipv6address
> works fine.

> but y not ping6 with ipv6address work??

> also telnet too not working.

That's probably because you tried to ping6 to an IPv6 link-local
address, but...

First of all, please specify the version of your system.

Secondly, please show us the exact output of your operation, instead
of just saying "not working" or "work".  You should probably show us
at least the followings:

the result of "ifconfig -a"
the result of "netstat -rn"
the exact command line argument and outputs of ping6
the exact command line argument and outputs of telnet

The following URL might give you some hints on reporting your problem.
http://orange.kame.net/dev/send-pr.html

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.