Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 1996 18:34:22 -0400
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
To:        coredump@nervosa.vendetta.com
Cc:        peter@spinner.DIALix.COM, nate@mt.sri.com, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Whither gcc 2.7?

 >> I have other things on the agenda: - libncurses
 > Yes, finally, it's up to 1.9.9 now. Also, is it just me, or does
 > the format of coordinates (y, x) ncurses requires seem just a
 > little nonstandard? I thought in math and everything else,
 > coordinates were expected in (x, y) form?

In terminal control libraries, it is traditional to specify
coordinates in y,x (alias row,column) form.  This may be from
addressing screen_array[y][x].  I have seen very few terminal control
libraries that use x,y addressing.

--
http://www.wp.com/piquan --- Joel Ray Holveck --- joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu

The number you have reached is an imaginary number.
Please rotate your phone 90 degrees and try again.