Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2001 15:20:56 -0600
From:      Christopher Farley <chris@northernbrewer.com>
To:        parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
Cc:        dochawk@psu.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mozilla does irrelevant search instead revisiting page

parv (parv_@yahoo.com) wrote:

> ok, now that i have installed 0.9.5 version, i am getting the
> same symptoms.  the only workaround i have found is to clear
> both memory and disk cache in "edit/preferences/advanced/cache".
>
> i have set both cache limits to be zero as "every time-compare-cache"
> setting didn't help. somehow i have a feeling that zero cache limit
> won't prove to be helpful either.
>
> of course, i am assuming that zero limit would mean "not to cache
> anything", a la netscape, not "cache until memory/disk fills".

I too am experiencing weird problems with Mozilla 0.9.5. What I've
noticed is that the back button does not always return you to the
proper page. Maybe your problems are related. This has been reported
by other people, too (and on multiple platforms).  Funny thing is
that 0.9.4 worked flawlessly.

I think there's been one other Mozilla release where I've been sorry I
upgraded, but in general things do get better!

--
Christopher Farley
www.northernbrewer.com