Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2002 14:56:42 -0400
From:      "John Straiton" <jks@clickcom.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems with patch & ruby port - "File to patch:"

Greets!
	We have a number of FreeBSD machines that all share a NFS
mounted /usr/ports. In order to upgrade all the machines' copies of
apache, I've been trying to use portupgrade.
	Out of 7 machines, all of them were able to install portupgrade
except 2. On two of them, while it's compiling /usr/ports/lang/ruby as a
dependency to portupgrade, it gets to the "Applying distribution patches
for ruby-1.6.7.2002.05.23" and then prompts me "File to patch:"
	Now one of the machines that failed is a 4.6-RC machine, the
other is a 4.4-R. Both report version 2.1 when I "patch -v". What's odd
is that so do the machines that were able to compile it.
	So my idea was to have one of the machines that can build it, do
just that, and then just do a "make install" on the machine that needed
it (remember, they all share /usr/ports). Well that doesn't work because
it tries to patch again and throws a
Patch: **** imsordered hunks! Output would be garbled

Thoughts? Help?

John Straiton