Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2001 18:32:35 +0900 (JST)
From:      KANOU Hiroki <kanou@mil.allnet.ne.jp>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Cc:        kanou@mil.allnet.ne.jp
Subject:   ports/30122: print/ttf2pt1 is compiled with freetype2 but supporting codes are not included.

>Number:         30122
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       print/ttf2pt1 is compiled with freetype2 but supporting codes are not included.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

TrueType->Type1 font converter, ttf2pt1, can use frontend routines of
FreeType library by compiling with -DUSE_FREETYPE option. Currently
this compile option is not specified and FreeType frontend is not
available. This frontend is necessary for converting multibyte fonts.

>How-To-Repeat:

% ttf2pt1 -p\?
the following front-ends are supported now:
  ttf (built-in TTF support)
   file suffixes: ttf

If FreeType support is enabled, these two lines will be appended:

  ft (based on the FreeType library)
   file suffixes: ttf otf pfa pfb

>Fix:

Replace patch-Makefile and add patch-ft.c.
(-I/usr/local/include in CFLAGS_FT line is necessary.)

# This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
# this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
# create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
# have default permissions.
#
# This archive contains:
#
#	files/patch-Makefile
#	files/patch-ft.c
#
echo x - files/patch-Makefile
sed 's/^X//' >files/patch-Makefile << 'END-of-files/patch-Makefile'
X--- Makefile.orig	Mon May 28 11:38:17 2001
X+++ Makefile	Mon Aug 27 16:14:29 2001
X@@ -20,7 +20,7 @@
X #
X # Default
X-CFLAGS_SYS= -O
X+#CFLAGS_SYS= -O
X # For GNU C
X #
X@@ -54,18 +54,18 @@
X # This WON'T BUILD with FT2-beta8, use the FreeType release 2.0.
X # http://download.sourceforge.net/freetype/freetype-2.0.tar.gz
X-CFLAGS_FT=
X+#CFLAGS_FT=
X # To enable use of the FreeType-2 library
X # (if the include and lib directory do not match your installation,
X # modify them), also uncomment LIBS_FT
X #
X-#CFLAGS_FT = -DUSE_FREETYPE -I/usr/local/include/freetype2
X+CFLAGS_FT = -DUSE_FREETYPE `${FREETYPE_CONFIG} --cflags` -I/usr/local/include
X #
X # The FreeType-2 library flags (disabled by default)
X-LIBS_FT=
X+LIBS_FT= `${FREETYPE_CONFIG} --libs`
X # To enable use of the FreeType-2 library
X # (if the include and lib directory do not match your installation,
X@@ -87,17 +87,17 @@
X CFLAGS_EXTT1ASM=
X #CFLAGS_EXTT1ASM= -DEXTERNAL_T1ASM
X-CFLAGS= $(CFLAGS_SYS) $(CFLAGS_FT) $(CFLAGS_PREF)
X+CFLAGS+= $(CFLAGS_SYS) $(CFLAGS_FT) $(CFLAGS_PREF)
X LIBS= $(LIBS_SYS) $(LIBS_FT)
X # Installation-related stuff
X #
X # The base dir for installation and subdirs in it
X-INSTDIR = /usr/local
X+INSTDIR = ${PREFIX}
X # for binaries
X BINDIR = $(INSTDIR)/bin
X # for binaries of little general interest
X-LIBXDIR = $(INSTDIR)/libexec/ttf2pt1
X+LIBXDIR = $(INSTDIR)/bin
X # for scripts, maps/encodings etc.
X SHAREDIR = $(INSTDIR)/share/ttf2pt1
X MANDIR = $(INSTDIR)/man
END-of-files/patch-Makefile
echo x - files/patch-ft.c
sed 's/^X//' >files/patch-ft.c << 'END-of-files/patch-ft.c'
X--- ft.c.orig	Wed May 16 10:31:08 2001
X+++ ft.c	Mon Aug 27 17:58:55 2001
X@@ -14,7 +14,7 @@
X #include <sys/types.h>