Date:      Wed, 10 May 2000 21:22:58 +0200
From:      "Ewout Kramer" <ewout@di.nl>
To:        <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Socket read problem in 1.2.2?

Hello there!

I installed the JDK 1.2.2 alpha yesterday, and decided to give it a big test
with one of my favorites: The JSP/Servlet server Tomcat v3.1 (from the
Apache team).

Unfortunately, the same Tomcat setup that works under 1.1.8 does not work
under 1.2.2,
giving the following exception:

HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.net.SocketException: Resource temporarily
unavailable: Resource temporarily unavailable
java.net.SocketException: Resource temporarily unavailable: Resource
temporarily unavailable
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:90)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:190)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:208)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.AJP12RequestAdapter.readNextRequest(Ajp1
2ConnectionHandler.java:191)
        at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:127)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:334
)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

I do not know anything about the internals of Tomcat, but since it was
written for JDK 1.2.2 (with backward compat for 1.1.x) and does work fine
under the official FreeBSD JDK1.1.8, I assume that something could be wrong
here.

Hope I'm not bothering you too much!

Regards,

	Ewout

(I am available for any extra info you might need)