Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 1996 20:16:08 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Cc:        vadim@tversu.ac.ru
Subject:   Re: EFS

As Ulf Zimmermann wrote:

(efs unstable)

> I never did that observation on 5.3, also not 6.2. Irix is for me
> one of the best unix machines there you can press the reset button.

Except they don't have a reset button (well, only a fairly hidden
one).

The posted opinion is just my experience, i've seen more than one efs
partition gone with nobody really knowing what has been all damaged.
(The 5.3 systems used to crash very often with thei alpha-quality ISDN
driver.)

All this is history for me, it's been at my former employer, and
they've meanwhile trashed the Indys.  But it makes me reluctant about
the purpose behind an `efs' implementation for us...  IMHO, ufs is
much more stable, at least the BSD implementation.

--
cheers, J"org