Date:      02 Nov 2002 14:06:27 -0800
From:      Joe Kelsey <joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        Joe Kelsey <joek@mail.flyingcroc.net>, freebsd-gnome <freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Building mozilla with calendar

On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 14:24, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 12:58, Joe Kelsey wrote:
> > Joe, anyone else, what is the recommended way to approach this?  Compile
> > libical from mozilla similar to libarg_gpl or add a port for libical or
> > what?  Or is it already available somewhere else?
>
> Well, historically (e.g. with Evolution), the port includes its own
> version of libical which is compiled specifically for that port.  Unless
> you want to introduce a standalone port of libical, you might simply use
> the one included with Mozilla.

OK.  Well, the way that the Mozilla distribution is set up, libical
really is a completely separate thing and just happens to be shipped
with the sources.  The directions from the moz-calendar page say to
build and install libical from the other-licenses area, *then* build
mozilla --with calendar.  libart_gpl is integrated more closely in that
the configure script expects to find it built with the rest of the
distribution files, not external.

So, we have to build libical externally for mozilla.  Is the source
included with mozilla the best implementation of libical available?  I
did a cursory google and I couldn't come up with a single hit.  Do I
extract the sources from mozilla and produce my own tarball and put it
on the freebsd site?  It seems like such a waste to unpack the
multi-megabyte mozilla sources just to get libical just to install it in
/usr/local, only to delete the extracted sources again just before
extracting them to build mozilla --with-calendar.

I am seriously looking for suggestions here.  Does anyone know of a
libical distribution that would be easier to access than the sources
included in the mozilla tarball?

/Joe