Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 2002 15:28:41 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        "Sabapathi, Vanishree" <vanis@lsil.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Reg: Claiming a device which is already claimed by another driver.

"Sabapathi, Vanishree" wrote:
> If not an answer to my question, can someone please tell me which is the
> FreeBSD device driver development forum or New's group, where I am most
> likely to get help...

Not all processes are reversible.

That is, things, once allocated, may not be capable of being
deallocated.

The forum you should probably use is -current or -hackers
(dpending on the version you are writing the code for), or
-net (if it's a network device of some kind).

My advice is that taking something away from a driver is a
lot harder than the driver not being allowed to grab it in
the first place, so your best bet is to grab it first.

Normally, you would never face this problem, anyway, because
you would not have two device drivers for the same device,
because one device driver would be good enough.

-- Terry