Date:      Sat, 28 Apr 2001 16:48:00 +0200
From:      s168918 <s168918@studenti.ing.unipi.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   A question.......

Hello, i'm a student in engineering and i've a problem to install Ethernet
card and Sound Blaster card. I've a ASUs A7V mother board which has only slot
PCI and AGP and none ISA slot. My Ethernet card is a Realtek 8139 PCI (10/100
Mb/s)card while the sound card is a Sound Blaster 128 PCI card. I tried to
install FreeBSD version 4.2 but i was not able to install this two card. In
the kernel configuration file i had included the driver pcm for the sound card
and driver rl ( together the driver miibus) for the Ethernet card, but the
bootstrap program says that it couldn't map port to memory for both the cards
.Which driver i must include in the Kernel? Is the problem that the mother
board hasn't the ISA bus? I will thank you in advance.
Yours faithfully
Luca D'Avico
Italy - Pisa , University of engineering