Date:      Tue, 5 Aug 2003 01:16:22 +0930
From:      Malcolm Kay <malcolm.kay@internode.on.net>
To:        Stefan Malte Schumacher <s.schumacher@netcologne.de>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bash / Promise Controller

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 23:48, Stefan Malte Schumacher wrote:
> Hello Malcom
>
> I am verry Sorry I seem to have forgotten to include in my first mail t=
hat
> I am not talking about xterm but about the plain virtual terminals.
> Nonetheless this will be usefull once I begin to configure X.

Foolish of me to assume you were running X.
However my comment wrt ls is still valid -- but you want need to change t=
he=20
TERM environment variable. Just try 'ls -G'.

Then you can create an alias or define the environment variable CLICOLOR =
will
make coloured ls displays more or less standard.

Malcolm Kay

Terminal scrolling is toggled on and off with the 'Scroll Lock' key.>