Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2000 08:34:51 +0100 (CET)
From:      Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        ambrisko@whistle.com (Doug Ambrisko), freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Update to pccard ata changes (removal support)

It seems Warner Losh wrote:
> This patch works OK for me.  My CF card works w/o a hitch.  My cdrom
> doesn't work, my guess is some kind of powerup sequence for the cdrom
> is needed before it will detect:

How are they located the CF on ata1 and the CDROM on ata2 ??

> ata1: iobase=0x0170 altiobase=0x0178 bmaddr=0x0000
> ata1: mask=03 status0=00 status1=00
> ata1: mask=03 status0=00 status1=00
> ata1: devices = 0x0
> ata2: iobase=0x0240 altiobase=0x0248 bmaddr=0x0000
> ata2: mask=03 status0=50 status1=00
> ata2: mask=03 status0=50 status1=00
> ata2: devices = 0x1
>
> My CLIK panics my kernel:
>
> ata1 at port 0x180-0x18f irq 11 slot 0 on pccard0
> ata2-master: <IOMEGA Clik! 40 ATAPI/23.H> floppy device - NO DRIVER!

Damn I thought I fixed that panic, is this with the latest -current ??
Ouch I see it, commit comming....

> Also, the altiobase is wrong for the cdrom.  It should be the usual
> isa ata addresses.

Uhm, if it bound via the pccard routines it can not be at the usual
place, there is no way to know when it should be one or the other...

-Søren