Date:      Mon, 20 Oct 1997 17:54:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-questions-digest@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: questions-digest V3 #489

My secret spy satellite informs me that on 20-Oct-97,
owner-questions-digest@FreeBSD.ORG wrote:

>From: Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>
>Date: 20 Oct 1997 19:20:18 +0200
>Subject: ["Arthur Hutchcraft" <arthur@argay.com.au>] Frontpage server
>extensions
>
>- ------- Start of forwarded message -------
>From: "Arthur Hutchcraft" <arthur@argay.com.au>
>To: <wosch@freebsd.org>
>Subject: Frontpage server extensions
>Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 22:58:42 +1000
>
>HI,
>
>my name is Arthur Hutchcraft and I reside in Australia. I run a small ISP
>and naturally use FreeBSD as the operating system. I do not know if I am
>asking the right person this question, however if not you may be able to
>point me in the right direction. I am by no means an expert in FreeBSD,
>but
>manage with a little help.
>
>Question:
>
>With the release of Frontpage 98, server extensions are required to be
>loaded to the server to support the Frontpage dynamic functions.
>FrontPage
>indicate that they support all Apache systems, however it only looks for
>the
>BSDi system. Do you know any way that these extensions a\can be loaded to
>FreeBSD and if so how.
>
>Regards & Thank you in advance for any advice
>
>Arthur

I was able to get it to work using the Linux binaries provided by
Microsoft.  I recommend using their httpd (server) binary, as I was unable
to get it to work using the FreeBSD native version I compiled myself.
You'll need to get some symlinks made to get everything to work right, but
it really does work.

Go ahead and give it a try, and if you are still having problems after
you've banged on it a bit, I'll see what I can dig up on the subject from
my random collection of notes.

- ---
Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com> - Ask me for my PGP key | PGP: Your
WWW HomePage: http://DonaldBurr.base.org/  ICQ #1347455 | right to
Address: P.O. Box 91212, Santa Barbara, CA 93190-1212   | 'Net privacy.
Phone: (805) 957-9666    FAX: (800) 492-5954            | USE IT.