Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 12:52:47 -0700
From:      "David Schwartz" <davids@webmaster.com>
To:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Having trouble installing 4.x sym/ncr issue

	I have a Compaq 2500 with an internal SCSI controller. FreeBSD 3 works
perfectly on it. Unfortunately, when I try to do a clean install of FreeBSD
4.0 or 4.1, the SYM driver grabs it and can't find any disks. I believe the
NCR driver would work perfectly, since that's what works on FreeBSD 3. Is
there any easy way to install from CDROM and get the SYM driver not to load?

	DS