Date:      Mon, 7 Aug 2006 22:03:56 +0300
From:      Niki Denev <nike_d@cytexbg.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Subject:   Re: linux ioremap equivalent on freebsd

On Monday 07 August 2006 21:34, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> Because for the most part it is only suppose to be used by MD code...
>
> The correct way to get device's memory is to use bus_alloc_resource_any...
> Make sure you review the handbook on device driver writing:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/arch-handbook/devicedriver
>s.html
>
> I did a presentation at BSDcan on writing devices drivers:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~jmg/drivers/
>
> The handout is a cheat sheet of useful functions for writing a device
> driver...

I'm looking at this right now :) Looks very useful, thanks!

Just one more question to clear a little confusion on my side,
the device that i'm trying to write/port driver for is a cardbus device.
Do i have to do something specific about this, or can i get away with
accessing/using it as a plain PCI device? (yes, it appears as pci device to
 the system, and is shown in pciconf)

Thanks again!

--niki