Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 17:42:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        =?X-UNKNOWN?B?s6Ks1afT?= <maverick@mail.im.tku.edu.tw>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compaq SmartRAID 4200 Install problem

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, ³¢¬Õ§Ó wrote:
> 	  I test compaq 1600 Server with smart-raid 4200.
> 	  bios & array rom refresh to the newest version today.
> 	  but when i install freebsd, i get this error message
>
>           "ida0: Can't Allocate Register Resource"

Make sure you don't have 'PnP' OS or some other silliness turned on in the
BIOS.  I'm fairly sure that there are some Compaq specific settings you'll
want to change in general as Compaq likes doing stuff their own way and
making non NT/Windows users crazy.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |