Date:      Fri, 02 Oct 1998 19:14:46 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        James Love <love@cptech.org>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Device Drivers for Linux and Intel's annoucement

At 11:58 AM 9/30/98 -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

>Hear hear.  I just finished writing one for Performance Computing and
>have been, with the possible exception of Brett (who appears to do
>just fine when he's banging a kettle in print rather than in email :),
>one of the only people still trying to keep FreeBSD mentioned
>occasionally in the american trade press.  That sucks.  I don't even
>like writing articles. :)

Well, I'm getting rather weary of banging kettles alone, thank you.
My arm's getting pretty tired, and no one else seems to be doing
much in the realm of effective promotion.

Even Nader's group (Yes, Jamie, I know you're being copied here),
which is supposedly in favor of LOTS of consumer choice, consistently
flogs Linux but mentions FreeBSD in passing at best.

--Brett