Date:      Sun, 24 Jan 1999 20:06:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
To:        eivind@FreeBSD.ORG (Eivind Eklund)
Cc:        isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I4B support for US ISDN?

Eivind Eklund writes:
> On Sat, Jan 23, 1999 at 02:12:15PM -0800, Archie Cobbs wrote:
> > This code would be perfect for use with ISDN... In fact, we've
> > already implemented it, but are using 3rd party ISDN code that
> > we can't publish.
> >
> > However, we can show you what the ISDN node API looks like. If you
> > implemented the same thing, then mpd (ie, our PPP daemon which is
> > already public) would suddenly start working over your ISDN code
> > as it does ours.
>
> Note that I already have patches for mpd to make it work over i4b as
> i4b is today ;-) I just have to clean them up and submit them; they're
> a bit too much of hack at the moment...

Eivund.. I should send you the latest version of mpd (if you're
interested). Soon I'm going to release it, as it includes support
for netgraph. Would you like a copy? I don't think very much has
changed that would affect your patches.. though the separation
between the main code and the device-specific code has changed
a bit and gotten cleaner.

I can also send you our ISDN mpd device type if you want
(not part of the normal mpd since it doesn't work without the
kernel ISDN stack -- our equivalent of i4b).

What do you think of the idea of making i4b express itself as a
netgraph node? This would be a good thing IMHO.

-Archie