Date:      27 Jun 2002 19:02:25 -0000
From:      believers_hope Moderator <believers_hope-owner@yahoogroups.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   File - Welcome to the family.txt

Hi there, fellow Believer and new family member.

My name is Barry, and founder of Believers Hope Penpal Friends, at the Leading
of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Please allow me to warmly welcome you into the fold of our believing family.
We delight in having you, and get to know you better.  Were once we were
strangers may we become wonderful friend's in Christ.  Please prepare yourself
to enjoy the fellowship of Believers from throughout the world.  Our membership
consists of citizens from the United States, Europe, Africa, Asia, Japan, and
some countries I have never even heard of before.

This group was founded that we might improve our walk with the Lord as serious
believers.  You will find from the beginning that this is not a typical e-mail
list as is often found on the Internet.  At this moment, we are over two
thousand strong and still growing, and to the one we are seeking the full power
of God in our lives that we may be victorious in our walk with Christ.  It is
our desire to walk not according to the flash, but "...walk according to the
spirit", as directed by Scripture.  We believe this is the solution to all our
problems.

Our daily posts consist of daily "inspirational messages", "instruction for
spiritual living", offerings by "world-renown guest writers", urgent prayer
requests, testimonies of new members sharing their experience, strength, and
hope in their daily to walk with the Lord including both difficulties and
victories.

While most posting is done on our family's Discussion Board, urgent prayer
requests and important testomonies led by the spirit may be posted to the
family in email form.

We believe in posting in absolute honesty in order to please the Lord, or not
posting at all.

If you're fortunate to have a printer, keep it handy.  The messages posted will
come to you accompanied by the pure power of God to "...walk according to the
spirit".  Some messages you may wish to consider over time, rather then a one
seating feast.

In other groups we find inboxes filled with all types of postings.  Chain
messages with long strings of "forwarded" addresses, prayer chains, and even
suggested sites to visit.  Since we have a membership of over two hundred
strong it is asked that these types of mailings, though often very lovely, be
sent via "PRIVATE" e-mail with the approval of the recipient only.

It is completely outside group policy to use our membership to establish or
 build other groups or lists of any kind on YahooGroups or outside ministries
anywhere else.  We have promised our membership this would not happen.

We must always be concerned with the quantity of mail entering our inboxes.
Unmanageable inboxes can cause loss of membership, and we seek your help in
preserving the quality of our posts knowing that the Lord is always looking on,
and we are operating in His Name.

Do you desire an active e-mail Pen Pal experience?  Then prepare a nice
Testimony of your salvation experience and post it as soon as you wish.  This
will give our members from all over the world an opportunity to come to know
and love you, and you'll find many who would relate to your story if it is
honest and truthful.  You may also feel free, if led by the spirit, any
important timely experiences in Christ you may be having that you believe would
encourage others.  We ask that members post only one comment per week to give
all members the opportnity to share without overloading our inboxes with
emails.  This is God's way.

We also make wonderful Pen Pal friends by visiting our very active Discussion
Board  at http://www.beleivershope.com/discus where beleivers post generously
and private email links are available for us all to write.

Should you be led to share some anecdotal, interesting, or humorous story you
have been sent please restrain yourself.  It is most possible that we have all
already received most of these storiess.

Please note -- DO NOT SEND FORWARDED MESSAGES.  If you have received an
interesting mass forwarded email, then most of us probably have received it
already as well.  Try to understand, it's just too much mail and it detracts
from our primary purpose of growing as we share our own personal spiritual
experience, strength, and hope with one another.

Please help us maintain the quality of our posting in the sight of the Lord.

When responding to individual posts please do so by REPLYING TO THE AUTHOR
alone rather than posting to the group for all to see.  This would be like
standing up and shouting across a room full of people to speak with someone.
Naturally, you can see the many uses for private e-mail response.  This is
meant to be a pen pal fellowship.  All forms of ministry may and should be
conducted in this manner, and may God bless your every effort.

Some members prefer a quiet e-mail inbox.  They would prefer to sit back in
privacy and dine on the nutritious "manna" that is served daily through our
electronic fellowship.  This is just fine; everyone should enjoy his or her own
preference.  If you wish not to have an active e-mail experience, then simply
do no public posting, and nobody will know you are there except me.  And
please, feel free to write me anytime.

Since this is a fellowship that respects the absolute inerrancy and authority
of God's Word any form of heated debate or argument would be inappropriate in
the public arena.  Posting of sincere questions seeking understanding of
something in God's Word or of some spiritual principles are most certainly
appropriate and will bring a private response that should prove fruitful.

Within these guidelines please feel free to post, and should there be any
question in your mind again feel free to contact me anytime:  mailto:
kodesh@believershope.com.

Feel free to visit our "group archives" and read for yourself to all the PAST
MESSAGES since group's inception only three months ago.  This will give you a
great opportunity to get to know us and become comfortable with posting.

You may also wish to visit our Believers Hope Family's Web Site.
http://www.believershope.com.

Our posting address:  mailto:believers_hope@yahoogroups.com.

NOTE:  AT ANYTIME IN THE FUTURE SHOULD YOU EVER DESIRE TO RECEIVE THE
INSPIRATIONAL MESSAGES AND NOT THE PENPAL EMAILS YOU NEED ONLY REQUEST TO BE
ADDED TO THE "DEVOTIONALS ONLY" LIST.

Now fasten your safety belt and prepare to be rocketed into a new dimension of
living and walking in the power of God as in the first century church.  May
your experience be genuine, and provide you with all the possibilities of
answered prayer.

May you be as blessed as we are to have you with us.

Your brother always,
Barry