Date:      Tue, 6 Jul 2010 11:12:14 -0700
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
To:        Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Samsung SPF-800P supported by FreeBSD?

Oliver,

> I'm considering to buy a Samsung DPF-800P ...  This is a
> digital photo frame that supports wireless upload via
> bluetooth.  According to the specs on Samsung's web site
> it supprts these protocols:  OPP, FTP, A2DP, AVRCP.
>
> Would this work with FreeBSD?  Has anybody tried this?

opp and ftp should work. you will need to install opexapp from ports.

> I would like to use this photo frame as a wireless
> information display that would be updated from the FreeBSD
> server once per minute (or similar).  Can anybody confirm
> that this would work?  Or can someone recommend another
> piece of hardware for this purpose that would work?

i'm sure you could build your own :) all it takes is an old'ish pc
w/lcd screen, bluetooth usb dongle, obexapp, image magic (or your
favorite image manipulation program) and a day of work writing a
script that puts all of this together :)

thanks,
max