Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2013 22:17:37 -0400
From:      Super Bisquit <superbisquit@gmail.com>
To:        dbb <dbb008@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Vim package

There is the standard vi package that comes bundled with FreeBSD.

You could try downloading it from the vim site.

 Vim 7.3.1251 is the current version   Work on Vim 7.4 has started

[2013-05-17] 7.3 has more than 950 patches, that's too many! Time for a new
(minor) release. The plan is to (1) improve Python support, (2) include a
faster regexp engine and (3) include pending patches and fix bugs. A test
version should be available end of May. The release happens when it appears
to work well. (*Bram Moolenaar*)