Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 2002 23:25:05 +0100
From:      Paolo Pisati <flag@libero.it>
To:        Marc Fonvieille <blackend@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        FreeBSD_Current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 5.0-RC1: X server crash

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 09:55:09PM +0100, Marc Fonvieille wrote:

> We talked about a problem between X and -CURRENT, we had no problem
> with -STABLE.

A problem that MAYBE is still present even in CURRENT, don't
you think?

As i said, i don't have my laptop right now, so i couldn't
test CURRENT on it ( but i'll do it ASAP ), and i was looking
for someone else with the same problem...

> Btw I don't see how memtest can report memory corruption, I thought it
> was to test "hardware" problem.

hardware problem?

VERY strange, cause IF i load the agp module i got errors
from memtest, system freeze&crash, then if i disable the
agp module, memtest reports 0 errors (even after hours&hours of
test), no crash&freeze, etcetc
As you can it doesn't look like an hardware problem, i think it's a
FreeBSD-related problem, probably toggled by the agp && drm stuff

more when i'll get my laptop back...

--

Paolo

Italian FreeBSD User Group: http://www.gufi.org