Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 1998 21:50:46 -0500
From:      "Kevin P. Neal" <kpneal@pobox.com>
To:        Dave Marquardt <marquard@zilker.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Token Ring for FreeBSD yet?

At 07:49 PM 2/24/98 -0600, Dave Marquardt wrote:
>"Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com> writes:
>> > Token Ring is the most expensive, slowest networking protocol on the
>> > planet(*).  Why wouldn't a slick, fast OS like FreeBSD support it?

>I sure wish someone would tell IBM!  :-)  IBM (and perhaps some
>others--I don't quite recall) are now talking about 100 Mb/sec Token
>Ring.

Not surprising, considering IBM.

IBM (or at least IBM in RTP, NC) has a _huge_ Token Ring network. We're
talking networks of networks of Token Ring. Literally, there several
thousand people sitting on the Token Ring networks inside IBM.

Token Ring isn't quite dead yet, not as long as IBM is still kicking.
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Junior, Comp. Sci.     -   House of Retrocomputing
XCOMM  mailto:kpneal@pobox.com              -   http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/