Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 1998 19:24:59 -0500
From:      Nathan Dorfman <nathan@rtfm.net>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa <y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAO Integration?

On Wed, Dec 09, 1998 at 03:54:30PM -0800, Mike Smith wrote:

> > Do NE2000 Compatible PCMCIA cards work under PAO3, as it is now?
> > If so, is the  development snapshot available anywhere?
>
> They work fine under stock 2.2 and 3.0 (this message is being sent
> using one).

I tried with no success whatsoever to get this setup to work with
3.0-R. The no-brand card didn't even have an entry in 3.0-R's
pccard.conf.sample. Worked fine with PAO-2.2.7, all I had to do was
tell it not to use IRQs 1-10.

Also, the 3.0-R pcic would come up at IRQ 5, which is wrong. Attempts
to enable the card after inferring pccard.conf values from pccardc dumpcis
output would result in the box freezing up with the slot light on until
I eject the card. Inserting it back again had no effect, I had to either
reboot, or set PCIC_RESUME_RESET on and zzz, then wake up. Can I tell
3.0's pcmcia to force irq 9? If so, I could try again with the pccard.conf
entries from PAO's file.

--
  / Nathan Dorfman \  / "`IE4 brings the web to UNIX'? *laughing*