Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 16:15:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Abraham J. Stephens" <stephea@aasis.albany-academy.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   HELP! can't log on to console, ld.so error

Help! the login program is failing with the error:

/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_isdialuptty" called from
login:login at x6164

The funny thing is, after booting in to single user mode, the login
worked.. I figured perhaps an extra library was loading that was causing
the problem, so I renamed the /etc/ld.so.conf and rebooted, now when I log
on from the console, I get the ld.so error, but when I telnet in, the
login works all the way through.
Whats going on here?

[Could replies be cc to my email as I am currently not on the mailing
list]

-Thanks