Date:      Thu, 1 Feb 2001 03:05:43 -0500
From:      Coleman Kane <cokane@micro.ti.com>
To:        FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   de NIC driver and Asante Fast Ethernet (21140A)

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

I have an Asante 21140A card (Asante Fast Ethernet Adapter) and I keep
recieving these messages when I 'ifconfig de0 media 100baseTX':
de0: enabling 100baseTX port
de0 link down: cable problem?

Even though the link is up and I can send/recieve packets like nothing
is wrong. It seems to work fine otherwise. Every once in awhile I will
get the transmit underrun and it will increase the TX threshold. Seems
to work well on my 100baseTX network though. The massages are more of
a nuisance than anything else, any ideas?

--
coleman

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr--