Date:      Sat, 28 Jul 2001 21:54:48 +0100 (BST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Adam=20Nealis?= <adamnealis@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        mutt-users@yahoogroups.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   libglade.m4 error on compiling mutt 1.2.5i on FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE

Hi,

Please note I have posted this to both mutt-users and
to freebsd-questions so be careful on replying thanks.

OS: FreeBSD-4.3-STABLE
mutt version: 1.2.5i + compressed mailbox patch
libglade version: 0.16_4 (the _4 might be a 'BSDism).

configure options:
--enable-pop --enable-imap --enable-flock --disable-fcntl
--with-sharedir=/usr/local/share/mutt
--with-docdir=/usr/local/share/doc/mutt --with-charmaps
--enable-compressed --with-homespool

The error when I run make:

# make
cd . && aclocal -I m4
aclocal: /usr/X11R6/share/aclocal/libglade.m4: 7: duplicated macro
`AM_PATH_LIBGLADE'
*** Error code 1

Hmmm. I know zip about m4, but here's
/usr/X11R6/share/aclocal/libglade.m4

# a macro to get the libs/cflags for libglade
# serial 1

dnl AM_PATH_LIBGLADE([ACTION-IF-FOUND [, ACTION-IF-NOT-FOUND [, MODULES]]])
dnl Test to see if libglade is installed, and define LIBGLADE_CFLAGS, LIBS
dnl
AC_DEFUN(AM_PATH_LIBGLADE,
[dnl
dnl Get the cflags and libraries from the libglade-config script
dnl
AC_ARG_WITH(libglade-config,
[  --with-libglade-config=LIBGLADE_CONFIG  Location of libglade-config],
LIBGLADE_CONFIG="$withval")

module_args=
for module in . $3; do
  case "$module" in
    gnome)
      module_args="$module_args gnome"
      ;;
    bonobo)
      module_args="$module_args bonobo"
      ;;
    gnomedb)
      module_args="$module_args gnomedb"
      ;;
  esac
done

AC_PATH_PROG(LIBGLADE_CONFIG, libglade-config, no)
AC_MSG_CHECKING(for libglade)
if test "$LIBGLADE_CONFIG" = "no"; then
  AC_MSG_RESULT(no)
  ifelse([$2], , :, [$2])
else
  if $LIBGLADE_CONFIG --check $module_args; then
    LIBGLADE_CFLAGS=`$LIBGLADE_CONFIG --cflags $module_args`
    LIBGLADE_LIBS=`$LIBGLADE_CONFIG --libs $module_args`
    AC_MSG_RESULT(yes)
    ifelse([$1], , :, [$1])
  else
    echo "*** libglade was not compiled with support for $module_args" 1>&2
    AC_MSG_RESULT(no)
    ifelse([$2], , :, [$2])
  fi
fi
AC_SUBST(LIBGLADE_CFLAGS)
AC_SUBST(LIBGLADE_LIBS)
])

Discussion: I have had this same problem whether I build from the
ports or from the sauce [sic]. I have managed to get the 'BSD mutt
package to install, but I don't think it was built with
--with-homespool which I _think_ I need for what I wanna do with
mutt (use it for Maildir-type mail with qmail but that would be a
separate post, I would like now to know what has to be done to fix
this libglade.m4 error).

TIA,
Adam.