Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 00:05:56 +0100
From:      Pascal Hofstee <daeron@shadowmere.student.utwente.nl>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>, marcel@cup.hp.com, emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Bogon" Discovered in linux.ko syscall-mapping

On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 09:22:59AM -0800, Mike Smith wrote:
> > > The problem is that we assume that an unbranded static ELF binary is a
> > > FreeBSD binary (this is wrong), and attempt to execute it as such.
> >
> > This may also be true, but is orthogonal to the reboot issue.
>
> Hrm.  I don't remember the original question, but I have to say that I'm
> fairly surprised that a mere application would care about this.

I have applied brandelf -t Linux  to the binary ... and it behaves a lot
better already :-)   (Boy do i feel stupid)

It however seems to bother somewhere with network-stuff now ... which i
have not been able to figure out what's actually failing.

In short ... the application still doesn't work ... but the reboot issues
have been resolved by simply Branding the binary as Linux-ELF

--
  Pascal Hofstee      < daeron @ shadowmere . student . utwente . nl >
  begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.TXT.vbs