Date:      Sun, 22 Jul 2001 20:07:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      wong sowdog <sowdog81@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help with keyboard and Graphic card setup

im having some problems with setting up my system
first off would be the problem with my keyboard. i
dont know whats wrong so ill just explain what
happened and what i did

keyboard:-
popped in the freebsd bootable cd. no problems untill
"press enter to boot kernel immediately or ..." i can
press enter there and if i press any other key i can
still type. but when i press enter nothing happens
when it tries to load the kernel or something. and
since this is the install it doesnt even do the
hardware conflict thing and jumps straight to
/stand/sysinstall. now i tried installing freebsd with
my friends keyboard and thats okay now. but when iboot
into freebsd samething happens. the cursor at the
login prompt doesnt even blink. but when i plugin my
friends keyboard and let freebsd boot and change
keyboards later at the login its okay and it works.
the problem im having ismuch like the one here :

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=337278+0+archive/2000/freebsd-questions/20001217.freebsd-questions

another question i have is how do i setup my graphic
card in Xfre86? im using a nvidia geforce2-mx-400. the
board makers arent listed so i decided to checkup
nvidia(generic). i only found nvidia 256 & nvidia ddr.

i am using xfree86 3.3.6 on freebsd 4.3. im using an
epox 8k7a3pro motherboard and a diamond keyboard from
mitsubishi australia(im not to sure but it is a ps2 keyboard).