Date:      29 Mar 2002 21:50:26 -0600
From:      Jeff Kilpatrick <kilpatjr@jackieoyeah.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   M15x3 on an Asus a7a266 and smbus

Hello-
I have a few machines with Asus A7A266 boards and another with a board
you've never heard of, all with the same Aladdin chipset.  On boot, I
get the following:

alpm0: <AcerLabs M15x3 Power Management Unit> at device 17.0 on pci0
alpm0: driver is using old-style compatibility shims
<snip>
smbus0: <System Management Bus> on alsmb0
smb0: <SMBus general purpose I/O> on smbus0

which would suggest to me that I could use lmmon, healthd, or something
of that nature to do some hardware monitoring.  Alas, nothing has
worked, even some playing with the code and running ./detect shows
nothing.  When the ioctl call is run, I get "Device busy"

Any suggestions on how I could get this working?
Thanks in advance,
-jeff