Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:24:39 +0200
From:      Joan Picanyol <lists-freebsd-questions@biaix.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Vinum - A Way to Create Without Losing Data?

* Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net> [20021021 02:52]:
> Is there anyway to do it without destroying
> the data?
There might...

> I have one 80G archive drive and have filled it.  I added another and
> would like to have both drives seen by the system as one 160G drive.
Does the new drive contain any data? If not, create a vinum volume on
it, newfs it (pass apropiate options for a 160GB fs if you care) and
copy the data over. Convert the old drive's slice to type vinum and
attach it to your existing vinum volume (destroying any data there). You
can then growfs to fill up your whole volume.

qvb
--
pica