Date:      Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:42:45 +0000
From:      Chris Hodgins <chodgins@cis.strath.ac.uk>
To:        Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
Cc:        Frank Knobbe <frank@knobbe.us>
Subject:   Re: Idea about 'skeleton jail

Anish Mistry wrote:
> On Sunday 13 March 2005 01:23 pm, Chris Hodgins wrote:
>
>>Samuel J. Greear wrote:
>>
>>>Not a bad 'idea' at all, although I won't comment on semantics.
>>>I had something implemented using fs stacking (in a very hackish
>>>way, and I believe it's lost now, so don't ask to see it...) to
>>>implement per-jail quota's that seemed to work quite well.
>>>
>>>Sam
>>
>>Feel free to comment on the semantics.  As I said before, I am not
>>very knowledgable about filesystems and any insight or alternative
>>implementation you can provide would be interesting I'm sure to
>>everyone.
>>

> Yeah, if there was jailfs that was setup automatically for the jails
> that supported quotas out of the box that would kill my major gripe
> about setting up jails.

Any ideas the sort of work involved in something like this?  I am
graduating soon and about to have about a month of free time to spend on
a project.

 From the very little I know about file systems on Unix they just stack
together right?  So there would have to be something to process the
configuration file and then is it just a matter of overriding each vnode
operation or is there more to it than that?

Chris