Date:      Mon, 14 Jun 1999 03:08:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian McGroarty <bvmcg@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SGI Donated Journalised FS Source to Linux

The concept of linkage in offering XFS as a LKM is no different
than that for the sourceless device drivers offered by some
vendors, Creative Labs among. Presumably this has been through
their legal dept.

Unless quite a few vendors are in for a nasty wake up call, DES
is correct below.

Parting thought: Even if this were an issue, the GPL is still
untested in court. The concensus among many is that it won't
survive when it's eventually put to trial.