Date:      Sat, 29 Apr 1995 05:24:42 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Pritchard <mpp@mpp.com>
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        phk@freefall.cdrom.com, CVS-commiters@freefall.cdrom.com, cvs-user@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/release/libdisk disk.c libdisk.h tst01.c

> > phk         95/04/28 21:50:40
> >
> >   Modified:    release/libdisk  disk.c libdisk.h tst01.c
> >   Log:
> >   Even More stuff.  Disk_Names() is here amongst other things.
>
> I don't know how others feel, but code that has changes to it
> 4 times a day was IMHO not ready to be imported.
>
> Rod Grimes                                      rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com

I agree.  Some ports/??? code that went in during the last week or
so said something like "almost works, but I have to go to class.....".

IMHO, if you have to add a comment like that, then the code
isn't ready to be added to the system.  Only code that you would be willing
to run on your own personal machine or your boss's machine should be
submitted.

I've seen too much stuff lately that had comments like:

rev 1.0 Initial checkin....

a little bit latter: rev 1.1 fix some typos/do some cleanup/etc...

That type of stuff should have been done before the initial checkin.
--
Mike Pritchard
pritc003@maroon.tc.umn.edu