Date:      Mon, 01 Mar 1999 20:39:55 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        tom@tomqnx.com (Tom Torrance at home)
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ncr timeout w/ RELENG_3

Tom Torrance at home writes:

> > All of this is fine, but remember that people here work mostly on a
> > volunteer effort, so pushing too hard will get you at best a snort and a
> > mail delete button...
> >
> Hey Matt,
>
> I did not want to come across as "pushing" at all. The problem was
> only reported at 16:00 EST Friday, after all. It is far more likely
> that the relevent volunteer hasn't even seen the message yet! Might
> not for a week or two for all I know.
>
> Nobody is more grateful to you volunteers than I am!

Ditto!

I wonder how much affect the NCR BIOS has on a running FreeBSD system?
Could it initialize something funny? Or load misbehaving code in the
SCSI chip? Am thinking if there is a BIOS upgrade for your board then
this might be the time to give it a try.

My Asus SC875 has Symbios's 4.0.11 BIOS, but there is a 4.3 (?)
available for the download. *Had* to apply that upgrade to cards at work
to get them to work in another Asus motherboard.