Date:      Sun, 20 May 2001 23:07:03 +0200
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic: mutex vm not owned

On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 01:29:22PM -0700, Dima Dorfman wrote:
> David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie> writes:
> > On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 12:59:51PM -0400, Mike Heffner wrote:
> > > The machine is up for about one minute and then I ran `startx' and the
> > > screen turned black and it appeared to lockup, after about 30 seconds
> > > plus some banging on the keyboard it rebooted. I have 256mb ram, so it
> > > shouldn't be swapping at this point. The kernel and world are cvsupd
> > > to about 12am May 20 EDT, the following is the panic message:
> >
> > I'm getting a panic whenever I start X too (with a kernel from
> > earlier today). I managed to get a DDB trace from a serial console.
>
> Please try the attached patch.  I make no claims of its correctness,
> but this e-mail is coming to you via X on -current updated a few hours
> ago so it works here :-).

OK, I've just tried this and would like to report that it works. Of course,
using X without swapping is not practically possible:-) but as a demonstration
it's all right.

Now I hope the other problems with swapping can also be sorted out. I have
sent Alfred some traces, unfortunately this is about all, dumping is not
possible... let's hope for the best.

Luckily, console based CD players also exist.<grin>
--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM
Szeged University