Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2001 18:29:01 -0500
From:      Steve Brown <gtabug@prayforwind.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   .CORE files

Hello there,

From time to time Netscape bonks out and when I leave X
I find the message "Netscape blah blah core dumped"
Sometimes I can find a .CORE file, other times I don't
know where to look. So I have 2 questions:

- How can I find -ALL- *CORE files, is there an equivalent
  of the old MS DOS "dir /s" ?
- Why does it "dump core"? Am I supposed to do something
  with the resulting file?

Appreciate any advice, or hints as to where to RTFM.

Thanks in advance,
Steve