Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2001 09:51:09 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Steve Wills <steve@stevenwills.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Test patch for -stable

In message <20010625112826.A97362@stevenwills.com> Steve Wills writes:
: make: don't know how to make /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/pci_cfgreg.c. Stop

I thought I'd tested all that, but this one slipped through the
cracks.  I've updated the patch.
	http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/pcic-stable.diff.3
Also, there's a second piece.  The new patch also patches pccardd.
You need to have a new pccardd or this will not work.

Fast, but error prone:
	cd src
	patch < pcic-stable.diff.3
	cd usr.sbin/pccard
	make all install
	cd ../../sys/i386/conf
	config YOUR-CONFIG-FILE
	cd ../../compile/YOUR-CONFIG-FILE
	make all install

Easy, but takes a while:
	cd src
	patch < pcic-stable.diff.3
	make buildworld
	make buildkernel KERNCONF=YOUR-CONFIG-FILE
	make installkernel
# reboot into single user if you have an older -stable
	make installworld
	reboot

: I can send you the complete build log and a copy of my kernel config
: if you like. However, before I bother you with all that, I'd like to
: make sure I am doing things properly. Basically, all I did was cvsup
: to RELENG_4, then cd /usr/src/sys and patch < ~/pcic-stable.diff. Then
: I went back to /usr/src/ and did my make buildkernel
: KERNCONF=WEAPONSVAN. Does this all sound correct? If so, where do we
: go from here? I'll go ahead and include a copy of my config file and
: complete build output just in case I'm doing it all right. :)=20

Yes.  It is correct.  I botched creating the patch.

: I'd really like to get this all working as I have a cardbus network
: card that I'd love to get working and I think that if I'm reading this
: all right, this should let me do that.

Yes.  It should.

There are still a few active issues with this code in current, so it
may be a while before it is MFC'd.  It looks like the issues are
sorting themsleves out.

Warner