Date:      Mon, 14 May 2007 19:17:51 +0200
From:      Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: gnome-mount & glabel

On 05/14/07 17:23, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 12:24 +0200, Volker wrote:
>> To recreate the symptoms, just `glabel load', start gnome (and
>> probably restart hal before) and try to mount / dismount volumes. Or
>> use geom_label_load="YES" in /boot/loader.conf
>
> This works fine for me.  The only known issue with glabel and HAL is
> when you have volumes that have spaces in their labels.  This is
> actually a bug with GEOM.  The only workaround is to relabel the volumes
> without spaces.

Joe,

I also don't use volume names with spaces in it. On one machine I'm
accessing FAT + NTFS volumes and the other machine provides just ufs2
volumes.

This issue took my attention while seeing the same messages on a
perfectly working machine after loading glabel in an xterm session. To
figure out it's really glabel + Gnome causing the trouble, I set
geom_label_load="YES", rebooted and saw the same problems as my
notebook showed. When not loading glabel at boot, everything works
perfectly with g-m.

Currently I'm unable to further investigate as the machine is
compiling for modular Xorg upgrade. I'll try more and post lshal,
dmesg etc. when the 7.2 upgrade has done.

Thx!

Volker