Date:      Sun, 16 Aug 1998 14:20:03 +1000 (EST)
From:      Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
To:        kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au (Kris Kennaway)
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Capturing IPFW denied packets

In some mail from Kris Kennaway, sie said:
[...]
> Is there any way I can set things up to log the contents of the packets
> which fail the ipfw filter? Can anyone think of legitimate reasons these
> sites might want to know my identity or information about my DNS, other
> than trying to harvest addresses for spammers?

ipfilter which will run on freebsd can do the above.  using ordinary rules,
upto 128* data bytes from a packet will be logged or the blocked packet can
be sent to another IP# (fake or real).  e.g.

block in log body proto udp from any to any port = 53

Darren
* - this could be increased if you really wanted...