Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 1998 23:06:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com>
To:        Jerry Dunham <jdunham@fc.net>
Cc:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>, mjacob@feral.com, Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com, grog@lemis.com, tom@sdf.com, dunham@dunham.org, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: very slow scsi performance

My first portable computer was a Macintosh PowerBook 100.  This was way
back in 1990(?) or so (memory fails me.. i think I need one of those RAM
upgrades for humans)  Being a techie, I naturally had to void the warranty
and take the thing apart.  And, what did I find inside?  Sitting pretty
right next to the motherboard was a REALLY TINY 2.5 inch HD.  And yes, it
was SCSI, because it showed up in the SCSI device list control panel.
Naturally it needed a special interface (it looked like a really thin
ribbon cable) because the drive itself wasn't physically big enough to
house a standard 50-pin SCSI connector!

Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com> - Ask me for my PGP key | PGP: Your
WWW HomePage: http://DonaldBurr.base.org/  ICQ #1347455 | right to
Address: P.O. Box 91212, Santa Barbara, CA 93190-1212   | 'Net privacy.
Phone: (805) 957-9666    FAX: (800) 492-5954            | USE IT.