Date:      Thu, 4 May 1995 18:32:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Armageddon" <jdell@sun1.iusb.indiana.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Adding packages

I have FreeBSD 2.0 on CD from Walnut Creek.  My CD Rom is IDE, rather than
SCSI, so I had to transfer the files from CD to a DOS partition on the disk,
and then install from there.  Now, I'm trying to add more applications
(XFree86-3.1, etc).  I read in one of the docs that was on the disk that I type
/sbin/pkg_add to add more packages.  When I do this I get the fdisk/disklabel
screen, but when I hit P to proceed, it just goes back to my shell.  I am
doing this as su.

Also, I am looking for some good BSD system administration books.  I have had
university unix accounts for a few years now, but I haven't had any experience
on the administrative end.  I managed to get FreeBSD on my DX2, alongside DOS
and OS/2, but I can't seem to figure anything out with it.  Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

Jason Dell :  jdell@sun1.iusb.indiana.edu