Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2001 23:36:00
From:      "Thor Legvold" <tlegvold@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   VPN/PPTP & NAT

I've finally connected & authenticated successfully with my ISP, however my
routing table get's really weird, and I can only use the net from the FBSD
server, none of the clients can get out.

I suspect I might have to do something with nat (the firewall is wide open,
only diverting to nat and allowing all other from any to any.  I've seen a
few places mention allowing "gre" traffic, is this something I need to do in
nat, or only for the firewall?

Lastly, nat is run on the external iface (wi0 in my case), but since I'm
doing pptp, I'm actually tunneling past nat, am I not? When connecting to an
ISP with pptp, would I need to change the nat iface (like to f.ex. ppp0 or
ng0?) or not?

Regards,
Thor