Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 1999 12:21:55 +0100
From:      Shaun Jurrens <shamz@login2.powertech.no>
To:        Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI problem ... OS or just bus?

On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 05:55:10AM -0500, Harlan Stenn wrote:
#> Is the SCSI chain too long?
#>
#> H
There are only three drives internally with extra cooling on the flat band
cable connected to the wide bus.  The cable is ca. 30cm long.  AFAIK, the scsi
wide bus will work up to 1.3m, or maybe it was 3m, in any case the cable isn't
too long.  It all worked perfectly up until about the end of June, actually.
The bugs seemed too random to put my finger on it, although I have really
tried everything.  I unfortunately don't have equipent to test what actually
goes out from the bus or if everything there is ok, electronically speaking.
I know the drives work reliably with winbloze (or at least did, since I
don't use it very often anymore).

--

Yours truly,

Shaun D. Jurrens