Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:12:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        Craig Parker <craig@umed.med.utah.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD on a laptop.

Some laptops have propriatary hardware, and won't run FreeBSD.  The easiest way
to see if yours will is download the boot floppy, stick it in and boot.  If it
boots, then it should work fine.

I'm running XFree86 and FreeBSD 2.2.5 on my Toshiba 486/75 laptop with no
problems.  Except the tiny hard disk that is.

You can also try PAO (http://www.jp.freebsd.org/PAO/) if you have a PCMCIA card
that doesn't work with stock FreeBSD.

Also, there is freebsd-mobile for laptop issues and freebsd.

Patrick